To throw a Super Bowl party your friends will never forget, do something unforgettable. It’s easy to create the ultimate football party with some innovative and creative methods to tackle the party-planning details.
Whether you’re entertaining in your home, backyard or your favorite local hot spot, there are many ways to incorporate items that will impress your guests and make your party the party they’ll be talking about for years to come.
Renting materials from your local American Rental Association rental store is a great way to have access to pieces that are otherwise too expensive in larger quantities. Renting will also give you access to the latest style and décor of equipment.
Here are some ideas for preparing for the party:
- Television. The central piece of any Super Bowl party is the television to watch the game. Make sure to clean your TV screen for a crystal-clear picture and position it in a place where everyone can view it.
- Location. Most Super Bowl parties are held inside, but don’t let tradition limit you. Weather isn’t a factor when you can rent tents so you can enjoy the game outdoors. Rental companies offer portable heaters to keep you cozy and flooring options to keep your feet dry. Or, throw a tailgating party and surprise guests with an outdoor tent to watch the game under.
- Theme. Remember, the sky is the limit. Try picking a unique theme for your party. How about a “Hawaiian Huddle” party including fun colored leis, tropical drinks and a faux sand beach? Or perhaps you can theme a party around a type of food such as “Football Fiesta” and serve items like chips and salsa, tacos and burritos.
- Food. Food is an important part of any good Super Bowl party. You can choose to have your party catered, but often doing it yourself is a great way to save money. Choose traditional party fare or try unique items to surprise your guests. Food warmers can be rented to keep food and appetizers warm and fresh. Lessen your workload by just preparing the main dish and asking your guests to bring items for a potluck. To satisfy every partygoer’s thirst, consider renting large coolers to keep the keg cold or a portable bar. You could even rent a monster grill or a rotisserie to prepare your favorite food.
- Design Details. You have control over how your party looks. Make an impression by choosing table clothes, napkins and other accessories in your favorite team’s colors. If you don’t have enough chairs or table in your home, be sure to rent enough to accommodate all your guests.
- Activities. Finally, be sure to consider the guests who aren’t football fanatics by planning additional party activities. Rent popular Texas holdem tables or a Craps table for short tournaments before the game and during halftime.
Many rental stores offer personalized service through certified event rental professionals or staff who are trained to help you choose the right rentals to make your party a success. That way you’ll get the expertise of staff and personnel who can show you everything you need to know about what you are renting.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available party rental products and services to meet your party event rental needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.