Rental stores usually carry everything needed to make snow cones, except the ice. When you go to rent a snow cone machine, make sure to rent or buy everything you need.
- Snow cone machine.Rental stores carry different models of snow cone machines. Some snow cone machines for rent include a lighted glass case for holding the processed ice. Other snow cone machines come in the shape of an igloo. Still others include a plastic tub, instead of a glass case, for catching the processed ice. A snow cone machine also may come with its own cart.
- Shaved ice machine.Use shaved block ice to create a New Orleans’ snowball. The best way to shave the ice to the perfect consistency needed to make a snowball is by renting a shaved ice machine.
- Snow cone machine cart.If the machine does not come with a cart of its own, any stable table or counter usually will do. However, by renting a cart designed especially for the snow cone machine, you have a place for the snow cone machine and often additional storage areas for extra supplies. It also advertises your product because they usually have some variation of the words, “Snow Cone” written on them.
- Snow cone sign.For those who do not want to rent a cart for advertising the snow cones, a “Snow Cone” lighted sign may serve as an ideal option for drawing attention to your product. Check on availability of these signs at the rental store where you rent your snow cone machine.
- After ice, the next key ingredient to snow cones is syrup. A snow cone’s flavor and color depend on the syrup used. Popular flavors include cherry, blue raspberry, grape and lemon lime, but there are many other taste-sensation possibilities available. Syrup comes in ready-to-use, concentrate or sugar-free varieties. Some rental stores may include syrup in the cost of the rental.
- Snow cone containers.You also will need containers to hold the snow cones that you make. Common options include plastic or Styrofoam cups or cones. A clear container works nicely for making rainbow snow cones that contain layers of different flavored ice. Many rental stores offer appropriate containers for purchase. You also may need to offer straws, spoons or a straw-spoon combination.
- Snow cone accessories.Do not forget additional items that you will need while making your snow cones. These items may include dispensers that hold more than one flavor of syrup for snow cones, ice tubs, snow cone holders, ice scoops or sanitary gloves. Rental stores often offer these products for either sale or rent.
Benefits of snow cone machines
No matter how you spell it – snow cone, sno-kone, or sno-cone — it all describes a delicious, refreshing treat. Almost every warm-climate country has its version of a snow cone — a beverage made from crushed ice and flavored syrup. The first known sale of a concessional snow cone in the United States dates back to the Texas State Fair in 1919. Since then, snow cones have become a summer staple offered by vendors at fairs, amusement parks, athletic events and other events. You too can rent a snow cone machine to achieve the following benefits.
- A treat for all occasions.Snow cones made with a rented snow cone machine perfectly suit many occasions, such as birthday parties, company picnics, amateur sporting events and other fundraising events, such as a school carnival.
- Money maker.Selling snow cones made using a rented snow cone machine equate to making “cold,” hard cash for your selected cause.
- You can transport, set up and begin using a rented snow cone machine quickly and easily. Learning how to use a snow cone machine does not take long either.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your snow cone machine needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.