If you are not sure where to begin planning your casino night, the following checklist can guide you through the process. Your ARA-affiliated rental store professionals also can advise you on how to make your casino night a success.
- Estimate the number of guests. By inviting a set number of guests or using registrations, this number becomes easy to estimate. To aid in planning, offering incentives for early R.S.V.P.s and registrations can help.
- Know the gambling laws of your state. Then, structure the event according to these laws. Always use only play money or tokens. Ask the rental store professionals for more information.
- Rent enough casino games. The table below indicates how many players various types of rented casino games can accommodate. Use it as a guide for deciding how many of each casino game to rent based on the number of participants. Blackjack is especially popular, so consider renting more of blackjack tables than other games if there will be multiple games at the event.
Maximum Players Per Game Game Players Blackjack, 6-foot table 7 Craps, 8-foot table 9 Craps, 10-foot table 12 Craps, 12-foot table 15 Roulette wheel, 8-foot table 10 Poker, regular, 8-foot table 6 Poker, Texas hold ‘em, 8-foot table 10 Slot machine 1
- Find an appropriate casino night setting. Knowing which casino games and how many games will be rented will help determine how much space you will need for your event.
- Set a date. To help ensure good attendance, avoid other large planned events.
- Announce event. After settling on the when and where of your event, send out invitations or advertise your casino night.
- Provide trained dealers. Make sure that you provide training to the dealers at the casino games tables so they can act professionally and can explain the game to any novice gambler guests.
- Offer prizes. Competition for prizes certainly helps keep guests interested. Prizes can be purchased or donated. Prizes can go to the big winner, or allow guests to use their winnings to buy prizes, bid on auction items, or obtain raffle tickets for a prize drawing. Consolation prizes are also an option.
- Provide additional entertainment. Keep guests entertained throughout the casino night by providing some form of entertainment other than the rented casino games. This could include a band, DJ, impersonatros, magicians, or something else entirely.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your casino game needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.