Types of Grinders You Can Rent
Your local, ARA-affiliated rental store may offer many types of grinders for rent. The following material describes differences between the types of grinders possibly available. Use this information to decide which type of grinder that you should rent.
- Walk-behind or dolly-mounted grinders. These rental grinders can contain one or multiple discs. The size of the discs can range from 7 to 10 inches or more. Industrial grinders provide an excellent means of accomplishing heavy-duty grinding applications.
- Hand-held grinders. Renting a lightweight, hand-held grinder may suffice for small grinding jobs or edge work. You also can use them to remove graffiti from some surfaces. These grinders typically accommodate 5- or 7-inch grinding discs.
- Edge grinders. Rent this type of grinder to grind areas, such as near walls and corners, missed by larger grinders.
- Ceiling grinders. Rent this type of grinder to smooth concrete ceilings of burrs and rough areas.
- Vacuums. Many models of rental grinders allow you to attach dust-collection systems to them. Make sure to rent a grinder that accommodates a vacuum if you expect the grinding to create a lot of dust.
- Accessories. Rental stores usually carry a variety of accessories — for rent or purchase — that you will need to complete your grinding work. These accessories include grinding discs, cup wheels, polishing pads and inserts. Diamond segments or plugs, carbide blocks or cutters, grinding stones, scarifier attachments and wire brushes make up several of the types of inserts possible.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your grinder needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.