Stump Grinders for Rent
Rental stump grinders come in different styles and sizes. Your local, ARA-affiliated rental store professional can help you find the one that best meets your needs. Some of the available rental options include:
- Walk-behind stump grinder. Individuals who have no experience with stump grinding or who only have one small stump to grind often prefer renting this style of stump grinder for its ease of use and transportability. Rental walk-behind stump grinders often have engines rated at 13 horsepower (hp), but some models can have engines with up to 25 hp. Cutter wheels on these stump grinders range from 11 to14 inches wide. In addition, models may offer self-propelled operation.
- Self-propelled stump grinder. These gas- or diesel-powered stump grinders offer 25- to 90-hp engines, cutting widths up to 72 inches, mobility and compactness. The self-propelled feature of this type of stump grinder rental allows you to drive it to worksites that you otherwise could not reach to deliver a walk-behind or towable unit. Some of the more compact self-propelled units even can fit through standard fence gates, making them ideal for residential applications. Self-propelled stump grinders also may come equipped with radio remote control capabilities.
- Towable stump grinder. If you plan to clear a large, open area of many tree stumps, then you may prefer to rent a towable stump grinder. This type of stump grinder offers more horsepower and a larger cutter wheel than most self-propelled models do. Depending upon the size of the towable stump grinder you rent, you could tow it using either a small vehicle or larger truck.
- Tracked stump grinder. Advantages of renting tracked stump grinders include that they can travel over rough areas of land easily and move over landscaped lawns without causing damage.
- Trailers. Rent a trailer for transporting a heavier, non-towable stump grinder easily.
- Accessories. Renting or buying personal protective equipment (PPE) to use with your stump grinder offers you protection. Items you may need include a hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective boots and gloves.
Contact your local, ARA-affiliated, rental store for information on available rental products and services to meet your stump grinder needs. To locate the rental store nearest you, use the Rental Store Quick Locator above.